Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Lovely Visit With Friends


I spent part of this last weekend with my good friends Diane and Del in Dublin, CA. The flight down was sunny and clear and I was able to get the moon heading south,



and the sunset heading north as we prepared to land. I'm glad I wasn't sitting on the right side of the plane!



Del planted lots of different varieties of tomatoes this year (the ever-popular sweet 100s are pictured.)



Diane made a delicious Caprese Salad with fresh basil from her kitchen. I'm in heaven! At home I've been faking it with sliced string cheese and dried basil; still good but nowhere near the real deal.



Diane and Del's house overlooks Dublin and offers amazing views of the city and the open spaces beyond. Be sure to check out their website. Diane has taken some amazing sunrise pictures that are truly awe inspiring.


Aren't these lavender wands lovely? Diane has made good use of her crop of lavender and wove some fragrant, colorful goodness. Thanks for sharing!




Love those tiki torches!


Thanks, Diane, for a lovely, restful and fun visit!


On the way home from the airport Grant and I stopped by to see Chris at her new digs. She and I worked together at Ballard Care and Rehab for nine years. She is now the Activity Director at an assisted living facility next to the Pike Place Market. What a cool location for these folks to live; the view is awesome! I miss her good humor, creativity and enthusiasm but those are the same reasons they are so lucky to have her. I'll just have to go visit (and bring my ukulele!)


Kobe and Daisy are at the vets for their annual checkup. They look just a bit nervous.

1 comment:

Sissel said...

I like the picture of the sweet 100tomatoes; they make me think of Dad. Axel planted them every year and we enjoyed them very much. Home grown tomatoes are my favorites. Those from the store just don't appeal to me. I miss those home grown tomatoes and especially the man who used to grow them.