Monday, September 8, 2008

Sunday Afternoon


I was sitting out in the back yard yesterday with a feline companion. This beautiful tabby is one of six cats living next door. They love to hang out in our yard, possibly to get some "quiet time" (three small dogs live with them.) However, this guy may have had other ideas; he's under the birdbath.


These blackberries are growing in our back yard. I had this odd idea to let them grow, just this once, so we could have our own crop of blackberries. What was I thinking? Not only do we have a bumper crop of berries, but the canes are marching over everything in their path. They've even managed to get into a tree and are cascading down to the ground below. Not a pretty sight, unless you're into watching one of nature's great opportunists put on a show.


In the meantime, I'm just going to sit back and read my book, with Kobe keeping me company (the cat is long gone.)


My view.

No comments: