Sunday, July 26, 2009

Trip to the Zoo


Last week we took some Residents to the Woodland Park Zoo. I guess it's been a while since I'd gone because a lot had changed. The new penguin exhibit is very cool and I don't remember the elephants being in this particular area. This one fellow was busy spraying himself with dirt. By the time I thought to get a video of him he stopped but this pic shows it pretty well.

I know you shouldn't anthropomorphize animals but this jaguar did look very sad. He was in a narrow space right next to the window. He was very, very still, and reminded me of a cloisonne figurine.

The tropical rainforest exhibit certainly makes you realize, no matter how hot it gets in Seattle, we have it pretty good, weather-wise!

The lady I was pushing was not at all into snakes but I just had to get this shot!

No comments: