Monday, September 21, 2009

Two Sundays at the Seattle Center

We've been taking advantage of this glorious weather lately. The last two Sundays we spent the afternoon down at the Seattle Center; first for the Hawaiian Festival and yesterday Fiestas Patrias 2009. Bumbershoot and Folklife are, of course, wonderful, but it's nice to spend time there when the crowds are considerably less. Combine the warm glow of afternoon sun, plus music, food, and beautiful surroundings and you have just the perfect day!





















Riding the doggies around in the stroller causes such a stir it's a bit embarrasing. Three different people actually took their picture. Who knows, maybe they will show up on someone's blog.



Kobe's head popped up just as I took this last one.

The Hawaiian festival had two craft areas for adults (kudos to the organizers, usually it's just for kids!) By the time we got to the lei-making table they had run out of flowers. The quilting area was my second choice and I probably would not have gone over there; I'm so glad I did. The ladies had little kits all made up to hand-stitch this square. How cool was that? I grilled one of the volunteers with questions, then went on my way. I have started stitching it at home and am just thrilled with it's simple beauty.

Can't have a Hawaiian festival without ukulele!

Yesterday we went down again to the Center for the Fiestas Patrias 2009. Alas, no craft projects but the food was good and hot and the music loud and enthusiastic. This little guy played a mean rhythm.

Most of the time we spent hanging out by the fountain.


1 comment:

Diane said...

Wonderful! I enjoyed seeing pic's of the fountain - brought back memories. And the stroller pics were hilarious!